Advanced Nurse Practitioner & Prescriber
RM, RN, INP, BSc, MSc
- Educated to the highest standards including a Bachelor Degree, Graduate diploma through to Masters level.
- Aesthetic training undertaken in the prestigious Harley Academy, Harley Street, Marlebone, London.
- Further advanced-training undertaken at Derma Medical Academy – A level 7 accredited training facility, regulated by OFQUAL in line with GMC, BCAM & HEE government guidelines.
- Independent Nurse Prescriber (INP)
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Extensive medical aesthetic insurance coverage with Hamilton Fraser insurance.
- Over 15 years both local and international experience in the acute medical setting, alongside continued professional development within the NHS
- SAVE Face accredited practitioner – https://www.saveface.co.uk/clinic/amanda-azzopardi-aesthetics/
The CQC are an independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. They make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and they encourage care services to improve.
All products used carry UK approved safety standards.
There are many benefits of the treatments offered which always include natural looking results to replace volume and shape with minimal recovery time, bruising and redness. When the natural ageing process depletes the body of hyaluronic acid, dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxants are used to hydrate and add volume to your skin. Holistic treatments that consider all aspects of facial ageing for an immediate rejuvenation, to leave you looking luminous and vibrant.
Regain your Confidence!
Treatments you can trust for all your aesthetic needs, achieve safe and effective results, to be the best version of you.
Feel confidently refreshed and naturally enhanced in your skin, non – surgically. Soften, reduce and remove wrinkles, providing your skin with a refreshed and smooth appearance. Treatments that are non-invasive with minimal time out of your daily routine.
If an interpreter, a chaperone or a reasonable adjustment such as ramp for property access is required for consultation, please advise 48 hours prior to appointment via email and I will be happy to assist.
Lines, folds and wrinkles are caused by skin laxity, loss of tone and volume as we age.
Anti-wrinkle treatments can be discussed to choose the best options available for you.
The ideal time to start administering wrinkle relaxing treatments is a personal decision, the late ’20s to mid-’30s is the ideal time to commence treatment, this will prevent any collagen depleted skin being crunched by strong muscular contractions and therefore prevent fine lines and deeper wrinkles from forming, anti-wrinkle injections reduce muscle contraction and are a preventative treatment. The decision of when to start also varies upon the individuals’ preference, genetics and lifestyle contributors, such as sun exposure, smoking, excessive alcohol intake, are all factors contributing to the ageing process. Your metabolism will also influence your treatment, the higher your metabolism, the quicker the toxin will be re-absorbed. Before static lines form, dynamic lines occur during movement and disappear at rest, static lines remain at rest. The muscle behind these can be relaxed and the lines smoothed out, but the loss of collagen means the volume and hydration of the overlying skin, will need to be replaced with dermal fillers. This combined treatment will achieve optimal results, forming a balance between muscle relaxation and skin volume restoration.
Common areas that can be treated are the glabellar complex consisting of the procerus and corrugator supercilii muscles or our frown lines, surprise lines caused by raising occipito-frontalis muscle, and crow’s feet or relaxation of the orbicularis occuli muscle.
I provide a wide range of professional treatments to leave you looking refreshed and promise to provide every service with a smile and to your highest level of satisfaction.
- Complimentary consultation
- Advice and aftercare
- 24/7 advice line for non-surgical cosmetic concerns
- Personalised care plan for pre and post treatment care
- Full support and advice on all treatment options to tailor the treatment to your individual needs
- Complimentary 2 week post treatment review
- Treatments tailored to your budget, with personalised payment plans
- Personalised treatment packages available
I provide a personalised, service, for all my clients, in a relaxed environment, where my total focus is on your needs and expectations. The whole focus of my time is on you as my client, from the initial contact, via phone, email or message, I would like you to feel confident in my knowledge, relaxed by my experience, reassured by my professional conduct and personalised service. I want every client to find comfort in the fact I provide a follow up 2 weeks after treatment, contacting you via text or phone, and you will always have contact with me, either by phone, message, Facebook, Instagram or email, for any little or large enquiry for reassurance.
I pride myself in saying my main objective is client focus and ultimately client happiness in their treatments.
Unrealistic client expectations and treatment suitability have been one of my very biggest challenges since commencing this business. A full consultation starts before every treatment, an extensive discussion, of previous experiences, medical history, and reason for seeking the treatments in the first place. I truly believe a successful consultation is the basis of any treatment success.
One personal battle I have faced is discussing the difference between static lines and dynamic lines. Dynamic lines are only present when the face is moving, and when relaxed, they disappear. These lines are quickly relaxed with wrinkle relaxing treatments alone. Static lines are present with movement and rest, these lines are more difficult to treat, and will often require a dual treatment, of both wrinkle relaxing treatments and dermal filler. The other myth I constantly battle is; filler does not provide a facelift, but it will soften fine lines and restore lost volume, it is very important to establish an understanding of these principles before treatment.
Dermal fillers are a safe alternative to surgery, to achieve facial rejuvenation without the recovery time of a surgical procedure. For skin that is suffering from volume depletion, due to the natural ageing process, fillers can be used to smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
When treatments are combined, dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxing treatments provide a soft, subtle, refreshing, restoration of youthfulness. Each person is unique. Therefore differing results may appear for all. It is important that a consultation before an injection is given to consider the treatment that is right for you.
Be relaxed with your choice of treatment, ensure it is the right product, the right clinician and the right safety standards for your expectations. Rest assured that you feel informed and are aware of the possible complications. Ask questions, ensure you know there is minimal downtime, yet there will be some bruising and redness, cooling packs and cooling gel, will assist in minimising this, alongside simple analgesia. It is important to avoid alcohol, exercise, make-up, saunas, hot baths and rubbing the area for 24 hours.
Are you looking for mobile aesthetic treatments in the Liverpool area? Amanda Azzopardi Aesthetics provides a mobile service with convenient appointments tailored to your individual needs, in or outside of business hours, before or after work, 7 days a week, in your home or a location of your choice.
A mobile service that comes to you:
- A private and confidential service
- In the comfort and warmth of your own home
- Fully Qualified
- Before and after hours appointments to suit your busy lifestyle
- Treatments tailored to your needs
Safety First, Mobile Aesthetic Service
When I established Amanda Azzopardi Aesthetics, I envisaged starting a mobile aesthetics treatment service, I was warned against this by other professionals in the industry.
Aspects of concern were highlighted to me such as safety, security, providing a sterile service, in a safe environment, lighting, pets, parties, alcohol, litigation, and the list goes on. Well, I would like to highlight throughout the year’s, I have encountered all of the above, and each little obstacle I have encountered, I have used to learn, grow and improve my mobile service.
I have also had a wonderful experience, of being welcomed into the homes of many, many wonderful clients and beautiful people, who have helped me grow my little dream.
My promise to you is that I will continue to learn and expand my knowledge, experience and commitment to continuing education, to provide you with a safe, mobile service, in the comfort of your own home.
My service has also now expanded to a clinic in Childwall, Liverpool and a clinic in Buckley, North Wales
A full consultation prior to treatment will explore your past experiences with injections and provide additional comfort as needed with reassurance, education and numbing cream.
A topical anaesthetic cream is applied prior to all treatments, it is left to work for 5-10 mins, until it starts to tingle, at which point it will decrease the pain from the injections. With each injection a small amount of local anaesthetic will be administered, so the injections will become more comfortable as the procedure progresses.
Simple analgesia is recommended for pain relief such as paracetamol. The treatments will be carried out after the application of a topical anaesthetic cream and due to the hyaluronic acid-base and lidocaine or local anaesthetic, within the syringe, the injections will be virtually painless, at the most uncomfortable, in the more vascular areas, such as the lips.
The hyaluronic acid is viscous, so stretching of the skin can be uncomfortable, but this is minimised but the addition of lidocaine to the injections. Straight after the injections, the site may display redness, swelling, tingling, bruising, twitching, and burning, these symptoms may last a few hours to a few days.
Incorrectly or unevenly placed hyaluronic acid-based fillers can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. Bumps, lumps and asymmetry can easily be adjusted or corrected, results may be noticeable immediately, or within a few days.
Hyaluronic acid-based fillers will naturally dissolve over 3-6 months. The sensation experienced through injections varies from client to client. The majority of treatments are tolerated well without any intervention or discomfort.
- Swelling – your lips will swell for 1-3 days, to alleviate this, intermittently, throughout this time, apply ice to the treated area, and remain hydrated by drinking water
- Bruising – your lips may bruise and this is perfectly normal, they are a very vascular area, with a good blood supply and a lot of dynamic movement, this will settle within about a week
- Apply arnica balm or cream to the area to reduce swelling and bruising, which you can purchase from the local health food store in the form of tablets, cream or balm
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after injecting as this can increase bruising and swelling, also avoid direct heat such as saunas, sunbeds, hot wax, hot tea or coffee, sunbathing or hot tubs
- If you suffer from cold sores, injection sites may trigger an eruption
- Avoid blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin, however, if you self administer blood-thinning medication due to a serious medical condition, this should never be stopped and injections should be discussed with your GP to discuss your options
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the area or lying directly on top of the filler, avoid flying for about 3 days after fillers as lumps may form, if there is a visible lump, you may massage the lump, otherwise minimise movement of the treated area.
- Avoid fillers if you have previously had an allergic reaction
- Avoid fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Reasons to Contact your Practitioner Immediately:
- If you have a fever or a shivering cold.
- If you are experiencing extreme pain.
- If the area is red or hot to touch, or the opposite if the tissues are not being perfused, the temperature will be reduced.
- If there is blanching in an area not injected if you put pressure on an area and the blood supply is not returning immediately.
- If you have a visible infection.
- If the area is dusky or purple.
- If you have any concerns at all, give your practitioner a call.
Will be dependant on the product used and the area being treated.
If the treatment area, is over a large, dynamic and constantly working muscle, the filler will be reabsorbed faster.
The manufacturer’s recommendation is 3-6 months for areas such as lips, nasolabial folds and marionette lines, and cheeks can last up to 12 months. Depending on products used, the desired longevity and price can be discussed in full, at our first consultation.
Together we can make a difference!
Amanda Azzopardi – Advanced Nurse Practitioner – RM, RN, INP, DIP, BHS
Get your free no-obligation quotation
What clients are saying